Come on into my medicine cabinet and see what’s in there! I think you might be surprised. Also, in this new Food Babe TV episode, I show you how to make a simple one-ingredient tea that can knock out inflammation & pain better than drugs!
Watch: One-Ingredient Tea To Knock Out Inflammation & Pain:
As you can see from the video – Ginger is one very special ingredient that I eat almost every single day. Not only does it have a sweet and spicy taste that I love, but it’s great for the body. The typical American diet is loaded with sugar, salt, and additives that leave your body chronically inflamed. This chronic inflammation can really kill (pun intended) your efforts to lose weight and is linked to most major diseases like heart disease, cancer, and type 2 diabetes. You can make some dietary changes to really lower this inflammation, and eating ginger is one powerful way to do it. It’s a true superfood!
I often add fresh ginger to my fresh pressed juices and in my cooking at home. In the Food Babe TV episode above, I show you one of the simplest ways to add ginger to your diet. It’s so crazy easy, you’ll be wondering why you haven’t tried it earlier!
Reasons to add anti-inflammatory ginger root to your diet ASAP:
- Relieves headaches & pain – There’s no reason to subject yourself to risky over the counter painkillers when you have a simple headache. Ginger is also great at reducing the pain of menstrual cramps, injuries and muscle pain – it’s been shown to work even better than drugs!
- Fights cancer – New research indicates that ginger may be effective at treating breast cancer and that it can kill cancer cells.
- Prevents viruses – Ginger is anti-viral and can help keep you from getting sick.
- Helps digestion & reduces bloating – I love to drink ginger tea after meals because it contains compounds that aid digestion, which keeps away bloating.
- Soothes an upset stomach & prevents motion sickness – Several studies have found that ginger is effective at relieving nausea and vomiting. That’s why your mom probably gave you ginger ale when you had an upset stomach as a child – it’s a tried and true remedy.
Here are some of my favorite meals and treats made with ginger:
- Protein Rich Carrot Ginger Lentil Soup
- Stormy Day Stir Fry
- Ginger Berry Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie
- Japanese Restaurant Ginger Salad Dressing
- Coconut Split Pea Soup
- Kickin’ Kale Juice
- Homemade Ginger Ale
- Classic Real Ginger Cookies
- Candied Ginger
Did you like the thermos I used in the video?
I like to fill my thermos with about 2-3 inches of sliced raw ginger before packing it in my carry-on bag. After you go through security, fill it up with hot water from a restaurant and you’ve got hot ginger tea for your flight! Ginger tea improves circulation, reduces inflammation, and is antibacterial – everything you need on a flight. I’ve been using the Think Sport insulated bottles – which come in two sizes for my tea. They are available here with 10% off affiliate check out code: FOODBABE10 if you’d like to get one!
Do you know someone who needs some anti-inflammation and pain relief in their life? Please share this post and video!
P.S. Please don’t forget to subscribe to the Food Babe TV You Tube Channel here – Many more fun videos like this are coming soon! Would love to know what you think in the comments.