I am a huge fan of making breakfast ahead of time so it’s ready to go. Mornings are usually busy around here and the last thing I want to do is spend too much time fumbling around in the kitchen trying to fix something fast so I can get on with my day. This is why I love recipes like this Peach Chia Green Smoothie!
The key ingredient here is the amazing chia seed which can help you stay full for hours because it can grow 10 times its weight in size when combined with liquid. The word “chia” comes from the Aztec word that means “oily” – The oils found in this small little round seed are the secret to its health benefits. Having the most content of omega 3 fatty acids of any plant food – chia seeds fight inflammation in the body reducing the chance for heart disease, Alzheimer’s, and depression.
Hope you enjoy this delicious (and seasonal) breakfast idea!
- 1 peach, pitted
- 2 cups spinach (or other leafy green - romaine works well too)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ frozen banana, peeled
- ½ orange
- ¼ cup plain grass-fed yogurt or nut milk of choice
- (Optional: 1 date for an extra hint of sweetness)
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place in fridge overnight or drink immediately
- Add more milk if a thinner consistency is desired or frozen banana if a thicker smoothie is desired. Enjoy!
You can get chia seeds here or at just about any natural food store… make sure you choose organic!
Do you know someone who would love a green smoothie recipe like this? Then please share!