If you know me, you know I love kale. I will eat it any way you give it to me! Raw, in a smoothie, cooked, in pizza, in pasta, in a chip – you name it – I will eat it! That’s why when I saw this kale recipe in the Skinny Confidential, I had to make it! Lauryn Evarts, the author recently interviewed me for my new book The Food Babe Way and she sent me her book to check out.
I love how refreshing and light this kale salad is! The combination of tangerine and avocado is insane! It’s great as a meal or makes the perfect side dish for brunch. I’m going to make it again this weekend.
- 2½ heaping handfuls of kale
- 1 handful of baby arugula
- 1 tangerine, peeled and sectioned
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 cup purple or white cauliflower, diced
- ⅓ cup scallions, chopped
- ½ avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- rosemary or basil, chopped for garnish
- For the salad, combine the kale, arugula, tangerine, tomato, cauliflower, scallions and avocado in a large bowl.
- For the dressing, mix all of the ingredients together.
- Toss the salad with the dressing, and garnish with rosemary or basil.
If you know someone who loves kale, or needs to, please share this recipe with them!
P.S. If you are looking for more refreshing recipes to try this Spring check out the Food Babe Eating Guide program. Each month members get a whole new set of Food Babe approved menu items, recipes, a weekly grocery list and bonuses! You can check it out here if you are interested in joining and supporting a healthy organic lifestyle that can help you lose weight for good, and keep it off!