Ravishing Red Juice

Definition of Ravishing – unusually attractive, pleasing, or striking. I couldn’t think of a better word to describe this juice. It’s very attractive in color, pleasing to the eye, and striking to your system. This is a perfect juice for the morning – The beets go straight to the blood to do some serious cleansing work to help your body to fight off a myriad of ailments and diseases like cancer, chronic fatigue, colds, eczema, gallstones, high blood pressure, psoriasis and asthma.

IMG 0204

I usually like to throw extra greens like kale or parsley in the mix to cut the sweetness – but if you like extra sweet juice, you can leave them out.

This juice also has carrot juice. Back when I started juicing with carrots – my eye lashes started getting longer and my eyes became brighter. True Story. I love Juicing. It’s here to stay.

4.6 from 16 reviews
Food Babe's Ravishing Red Juice

Prep time
Total time

Serves: 2
Ingredients
  • 5 carrots
  • 1 beet with stems
  • ½ bunch celery
  • 1 cucumber with ends removed
  • 1 green apple cored
  • 2 inches of fresh ginger root
  • ½ kale bunch (optional)
  • ¼ parsley bunch (optional)
Instructions
  1. Wash all vegetables thoroughly and place into a large bowl
  2. Juice each vegetable in this order – carrots, beets, celery, apple, ginger, cucumber (If you are adding kale or parsley, do those first and then the rest)
  3. Stir mixture before serving
  4. Clean juicer immediately
Notes
Makes two 15 ounce servings – Sip slowly and drink with intention immediately after juicing. Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 12 hours (Some live enzymes will be lost). ***Please buy all organic ingredients if possible***

Ravishing Red Juice

XOXO,

P.S. If you want more tips and recipes like this, please check out my new upcoming book THE FOOD BABE WAYFor a limited time, Amazon has an additional 30% off by using the code “HOLIDAY30″ at checkout until midnight PST on 11/30, making this book an absolute bargain buy!!! Right now, if you order, the book is less than $14 – probably the lowest it will ever be. The offer is good for only one book per account. Go to Amazon.com to order now.

AmazonSalesFoodBabeWay

, , , , , ,

127 Responses to “Ravishing Red Juice”

1. hailey

Do you juice the beet stems as well as the beet?

• Karena (to hailey)

Juice everything!!! I have an Omega juicer it’s amazing best of all it doesn’t stain!!!

2. hailey

Also what do you mean by 1/2 bunch of celery?

3. Nanci

Hi

Thanks for the juicing recipe and tips! I am confused however, because scientists, doctors, & nutritionists advise to eat good amount of fiber. Is juicing and taking the fiber out detrimental to health?

Nanci

• Ashleigh (to Nanci)

Most recommend you puree the vegetable/fruit up to juice consistency. Everything should go into your glass, not just the pressed juice. See comment below on using a Nutribullet.

4. Helly

Hi Vani,

All I have is a NutriBullet, if I used that would I get the same benefits from the juice?
    Thank-you so much, I appreciate your time.

• Elizabeth (to Helly)

Using a NutriBullet will produce a smoothie, more than a juice. In my professional (Registered Dietitian) a smoothie is always better than a juice product because it leaves the fruit and vegetable’s fiber intake. Using a juicer removes fiber from the product. Removing fiber leads to less nutritious product! I never, ever recommend juicing to my clients for this exact reason. Hope this helps :)

• Leah (to Elizabeth)

Is juicing taught in RD courses? What if you are getting plenty of fiber in other ways, would juicing then be recommended?

• diane (to Elizabeth)

What is the difference between a smoothie and a” juice” since both are mixed in a juicer?

5. Melinda

What juicer do you use Foodbabe?

6. Becky

When you say “beet stems” do you mean all of the greens, the leaves?
    Thanks!
    Just made the carrot, ginger dressing! Yum!

7. April Frampton

Great recipe….Here is a simple one for avocado lovers…. 1 avocado, 1 to 2 mangoes depending how big,fresh basil 1/4 cup, 2 limes and a dash of sea salt……. mix together squeeze lime over mixture add sea salt….. enjoy a recipe I made up as part of the clean eating diet!

8. Esther

The amount of sugar in 5 carrots and 1 beet is a little too high for the pancreas to handle all at once. Think about it…would you normally eat 5 carrots at one sitting?
    Also, when giving children juice, it’s a good idea to dilute it somewhat for the same reason.

• Eva (to Esther)

Yes, fruit and vegetables contain sugar. But I guess it depends what you compare this with. If the alternative is sugary cereal and milk, or donuts, this juice is a much healthier alternative.

• Lonna DeLuke (to Esther)

Ester it says that the drink is 2 servings so you would only be consuming 2 1/2 carrots and 1/2 a beet for the drink.

• Brandi (to Esther)

Except cereal and junk food has refined sugar…a whole different ballgame than natural sugar found in fruits and veggies…uhhhhhh

9. Heather

@Esther…the recipe states it makes two 15 oz servings.

10. Debbie Ketzel

Food Babe Team:
    I have a question about this new drink I found called Synergy. Its Kombucha juice. I don’t see any bad ingredients on the label. Can you give me some insight please? Good, Bad. I appreciate any info you can give. Thanks in advance & for all you do for us.

• Kevin (to Debbie Ketzel)

Debbie,

Synergy (and frankly all Kombucha drinks I have tried) is fantastic, especially if you feel a bug coming on. It is amazing at helping me fight things off.

But be careful:

First DON’T SHAKE IT – while there may be residue on the bottom, that is part of the fermentation process. If you shake it you will get it all over everything.

Second, a full bottle is A LOT. Start with half, or less, at a sitting.

• Ashley (to Kevin)

i have been drinking Kombucha Synergy and Gingerade for past month. Really loving them !, have been googling to see if any negative press but haven’t found much

11. Cindy

Can u put vegetables in a blender if u don’t have a juicer? Can u email me some good smoothie recipes or tell me a site to et on to. I’m really trying to change they way we eat and I’m doing it slowly so I don’t get so overwhelmed. Thanks I appreciate all ur blogs!

12. Amber

I use a high powered blender to make my green drinks. What amount would I use if I’m using the whole friut/veg? Would it be a safe bet to just cut the amount in half? I’ve always wondered this about you’re juicing recipes!

13. Joan Gabrielsen

Just tried this. It’s amazing! Also added my 2 tablespoons of tart cherry concentrate as well. Delicious!

14. Paul

I make the same exact one. It’s may favorite one. Really, ahem, “cleans you out”. Sometimes I add an orange to this as well.

15. Ayeesha

Do you put beets in raw or do they need to be cooked? Can you recommend a juice where the core of the recipe is around betts – cooking them for recipes is a pain.

16. Pal Ladwig

Why are there no answers to the above questions except for one. I have a bullet, Dr. said, drink the fiber. We used to have a juicer and for a long time we threw away the fiber, we were so uninformed. Bullets do not chop up the hard veg’s like carrots etc so we grind them first and then put them in the bullet. Never tried beets. It is a shame it cost so much to eat healthy. Put apple in to sweeten the blandness of the veg’s. Please answer some of the questions. Thanks, pal

17. maritza

if you eat then and not juice if the same

18. Mike Haire

There are so many comments on your recipes that go unanswered, why??? You are helping people but they are asking legitimate questions and get no response. Juicing is good but the fiber is also good. I use my nutri-bullet and I enjoy it. It does leave each smoothie with pulp but that is ok in my book.

19. Lori Munoz

What brand of juice maker do you recommend?

20. Marissa

Yeah why dont you try to answer these questions? Your website would really be that more informative, cuz I have a lot of the same Q’s.

21. Jenn

Will it still taste good if I leave out the celery? I’m not a big fan of celery at all; it’s such a strong flavor, I think I would notice it in the drink- Jenn

22. Monica

23. Dave

I agree with lonna Deluke. I have been juicing for about a year now and started with a Jack Lalane juice machine and then switched to a Vitamix blender to get the full benefit with the fiber from the juice drinks I also reduce the amount of each fruit/vegetable to get a single serving per drink check out juice recipes.com the site has juice recipies with the nutrition break down for both the drinks with and without the fiber, pulp..etc plus you can customize the recipes as well.

Foodbabe love your site it’s very informative

24. Carolina

This might be a silly question and its obviously one that I can google but I’d rather hear your answer.
    What is the difference between juicing and blending other than the fiber part of it?
    Also, what is the significance of the order?

Thanks

• Assistant to Food Babe (Pam) (to Carolina)

Hi Carolina :) Both are good. I drink juice to deliver as many nutrients to my body as possible at once and I drink green smoothies for the beneficial fiber and as a meal replacement. Hope that helps.

25. Judy Hilman

I have a friend who gave me a similar recipe to yours and to help me remember the ingredients she said “Remember ABCCC- apple, beet, carrot, cucumber, celery.”

Hope this helps others remember.

26. neomi

could you do the same combo in a vitamix?

27. Megan

If I make a big batch of juice and pour it in mason jars and freeze them, and drink them a few days later would they still have enzymes and beneficial nutrients? Or would I just be wasting the juice? I travel for work so fresh juice everyday isn’t an option for me.

28. Kent

Thanks for the sharing of great information! Found your facebook a few days ago on the discussion on protein and decided to follow your recommendations.

Can you share the reason why the vegetables have to be juiced in a certain order? Just curious…

29. MARTHA MAHONEY

I recently had an abundance of beets, so I juiced them all at the same time. My husband and I became violently sick almost immediately. Have you ever heard of this? I juice beets all the time, just never in such a large quantity.

30. Melody C.

Hi, thanks for the great recipe! I have a question about saving excess juice. I know that oxidation is an issue, and that’s why you store it in a jar or container filled to the top. I have a Food Saver vacuum system with the mason jar sealers. Would something like that work – put the excess in a jar and vacuum seal it for the next day? I just didn’t want to have to water the juice down. Thanks!

31. Monica

Time to pull out my juicer and try this. It’s been many years since I’ve used it. Yep, it was great! I’ll be juicing much more. I have the Juiceman jr which I bought when they first came out and it worked great. Next time I’ll remember to put the pulp bin on the back before I start, lol.

32. Danielle

Hi! I love this!!! Do you usually peel your beetroot?
    xoxoxo

33. Angela Cunha

I’m enjoying beets, orange, lemon, ginger and spinach blended with frozen pineapple chunks.

34. Annie

“…fight off a myriad of ailments”… should be “fight off myriad ailments”. Myriad means “many”.