Ravishing Red Juice

Definition of Ravishing – unusually attractive, pleasing, or striking. I couldn’t think of a better word to describe this juice. It’s very attractive in color, pleasing to the eye, and striking to your system. This is a perfect juice for the morning – The beets go straight to the blood to do some serious cleansing work to help your body to fight off a myriad of ailments and diseases like cancer, chronic fatigue, colds, eczema, gallstones, high blood pressure, psoriasis and asthma.

IMG 0204

I usually like to throw extra greens like kale or parsley in the mix to cut the sweetness – but if you like extra sweet juice, you can leave them out.

This juice also has carrot juice. Back when I started juicing with carrots – my eye lashes started getting longer and my eyes became brighter. True Story. I love Juicing. It’s here to stay.

4.7 from 15 reviews
Food Babe's Ravishing Red Juice

Prep time
Total time

Serves: 2
Ingredients
  • 5 carrots
  • 1 beet with stems
  • ½ bunch celery
  • 1 cucumber with ends removed
  • 1 green apple cored
  • 2 inches of fresh ginger root
  • ½ kale bunch (optional)
  • ¼ parsley bunch (optional)
Instructions
  1. Wash all vegetables thoroughly and place into a large bowl
  2. Juice each vegetable in this order – carrots, beets, celery, apple, ginger, cucumber (If you are adding kale or parsley, do those first and then the rest)
  3. Stir mixture before serving
  4. Clean juicer immediately
Notes
Makes two 15 ounce servings – Sip slowly and drink with intention immediately after juicing. Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 12 hours (Some live enzymes will be lost). ***Please buy all organic ingredients if possible***

Ravishing Red Juice

If you like this recipe and want to see more or ask a question about the recipe – Like my Fan Page!

XOXO,

, , , , , ,

98 Responses to “Ravishing Red Juice”

1. hailey

Do you juice the beet stems as well as the beet?

• Karena (to hailey)

Juice everything!!! I have an Omega juicer it’s amazing best of all it doesn’t stain!!!

2. hailey

Also what do you mean by 1/2 bunch of celery?

3. Nanci

Hi

Thanks for the juicing recipe and tips! I am confused however, because scientists, doctors, & nutritionists advise to eat good amount of fiber. Is juicing and taking the fiber out detrimental to health?

Nanci

4. Helly

Hi Vani,

All I have is a NutriBullet, if I used that would I get the same benefits from the juice?
    Thank-you so much, I appreciate your time.

5. Melinda

What juicer do you use Foodbabe?

6. Becky

When you say “beet stems” do you mean all of the greens, the leaves?
    Thanks!
    Just made the carrot, ginger dressing! Yum!

7. April Frampton

Great recipe….Here is a simple one for avocado lovers…. 1 avocado, 1 to 2 mangoes depending how big,fresh basil 1/4 cup, 2 limes and a dash of sea salt……. mix together squeeze lime over mixture add sea salt….. enjoy a recipe I made up as part of the clean eating diet!

8. Esther

The amount of sugar in 5 carrots and 1 beet is a little too high for the pancreas to handle all at once. Think about it…would you normally eat 5 carrots at one sitting?
    Also, when giving children juice, it’s a good idea to dilute it somewhat for the same reason.

• Eva (to Esther)

Yes, fruit and vegetables contain sugar. But I guess it depends what you compare this with. If the alternative is sugary cereal and milk, or donuts, this juice is a much healthier alternative.

• Lonna DeLuke (to Esther)

Ester it says that the drink is 2 servings so you would only be consuming 2 1/2 carrots and 1/2 a beet for the drink.

• Brandi (to Esther)

Except cereal and junk food has refined sugar…a whole different ballgame than natural sugar found in fruits and veggies…uhhhhhh

9. Heather

@Esther…the recipe states it makes two 15 oz servings.

10. Debbie Ketzel

Food Babe Team:
    I have a question about this new drink I found called Synergy. Its Kombucha juice. I don’t see any bad ingredients on the label. Can you give me some insight please? Good, Bad. I appreciate any info you can give. Thanks in advance & for all you do for us.

11. Cindy

Can u put vegetables in a blender if u don’t have a juicer? Can u email me some good smoothie recipes or tell me a site to et on to. I’m really trying to change they way we eat and I’m doing it slowly so I don’t get so overwhelmed. Thanks I appreciate all ur blogs!

12. Amber

I use a high powered blender to make my green drinks. What amount would I use if I’m using the whole friut/veg? Would it be a safe bet to just cut the amount in half? I’ve always wondered this about you’re juicing recipes!

13. Joan Gabrielsen

Just tried this. It’s amazing! Also added my 2 tablespoons of tart cherry concentrate as well. Delicious!

14. Paul

I make the same exact one. It’s may favorite one. Really, ahem, “cleans you out”. Sometimes I add an orange to this as well.

15. Ayeesha

Do you put beets in raw or do they need to be cooked? Can you recommend a juice where the core of the recipe is around betts – cooking them for recipes is a pain.

16. Pal Ladwig

Why are there no answers to the above questions except for one. I have a bullet, Dr. said, drink the fiber. We used to have a juicer and for a long time we threw away the fiber, we were so uninformed. Bullets do not chop up the hard veg’s like carrots etc so we grind them first and then put them in the bullet. Never tried beets. It is a shame it cost so much to eat healthy. Put apple in to sweeten the blandness of the veg’s. Please answer some of the questions. Thanks, pal

17. maritza

if you eat then and not juice if the same

18. Mike Haire

There are so many comments on your recipes that go unanswered, why??? You are helping people but they are asking legitimate questions and get no response. Juicing is good but the fiber is also good. I use my nutri-bullet and I enjoy it. It does leave each smoothie with pulp but that is ok in my book.