Who doesn’t love caramel and chocolate together??? They’re the perfect match… but when you add in the superfood Turmeric it takes this killer combo to a ‘nother level!
Tucked inside these Chocolate Turmeric Caramel Cups is a decadent “caramel” made with cashews, almond butter, coconut, turmeric and dates. You see, even when enjoying candy I try to make sure it’s made with nutrient-dense real food ingredients. And, of course, with none of that nasty TBHQ, refined white sugar, and PGPR that you’ll find in Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Blech!
Turmeric sure is unexpected in a candy like this, isn’t it? I love incorporating turmeric in my recipes because not only does it give the filling in these cups a beautiful color, but it’s packed with incredible health benefits.
- ⅓ cup cashews, soaked at least 4 hours
- 4 dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon orange zest
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric or 2 Truvani turmeric tablets
- 3 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- Place all of the ingredients except the chocolate in a food processor and pulse until well combined. Set aside.
- Place 8 cupcake liners in a mini cupcake pan. Fill each liner with 1 heaping teaspoon of melted chocolate. Place pan in the freezer for 5 minutes to harden.
- Once hardened, place 1 teaspoon of turmeric caramel in the center of each liner.
- Top with 1 heaping teaspoon of melted chocolate.
- Place back in the freezer for at least 15 minutes to harden. Enjoy!
Adding healthy turmeric into your daily life is easy with my brand new Truvani Organic Turmeric Supplement. I take mine every day and it makes me feel so great! Have you tried it yet?
I’ve got a great offer for you…
When you pick up your first bottle of Truvani Turmeric, I’ll send you two complimentary eBooks:
- Truvani Life: I’ll walk you through my top healthy-living tips. I answer some of your most-asked questions about what to eat (and what to avoid) to stay fit and healthy.
- The Ultimate Guide To Turmeric: A beautiful 35-page guide to help you better understand the remarkable power of Turmeric, the ancient Ayurvedic remedy. I’ll show you how to incorporate it into your daily life with delicious recipes, specific product recommendations, and more.
Get your Truvani Turmeric + 2 Free eBooks here
Our mission at Truvani is to choose the absolute best ingredients, as nutrient-dense as possible, without processed chemical ingredients invented by the food industry to increase their bottom line. We enjoy food the way it was meant to be – real, whole, organic, and full of nutrients. Experience it for yourself!
If you know anyone who loves chocolate and caramel… send them this nutrient-dense recipe. I know they’re gonna love it!
7 responses to “Chocolate Turmeric Caramel Cups”
Thanks for sharing your sweet dessert. It’s not a usual cupcake though because of turmeric and I’m curious about how does it taste. But I’ll definitely try out!
http://www.puma.in.net/ puma outlet
What kind of dark chocolate do you use?
Finally made these today. Thanks for the Deliciousness. I actually made 20 mini cups due to the amount of filling that turned out, so of course I had to melt more chocolate 10 oz. Best part, Husband who is always not interested in anything turmeric, really enjoyed them. Sneaky me did not mention that was one of the ingredients. ♡:)
Soak the cashews? Please explain
Is it coconut milk from the can, or regular coconut milk that we drink? The dairy alternative coconut milk….
What brand of dark chocolate do you use?