This new salad recipe is light and super refreshing on a hot summer day! Its star ingredient is the papaya, a tropical fruit that’s very high in vitamin C and loaded with the enzyme papain that helps keep your skin, nails and hair beautiful!
When shopping for ingredients for this salad, make sure you choose non-GMO papaya, as this is one of the few fresh fruits that are often GMO. Here’s how to find the non-GMO versions of papaya.
What really makes this salad magical is the dressing. It’s so flavorful and full of some of my favorite health enhancing ingredients like turmeric and miso…
I’ve been adding turmeric to my homemade salad dressings for a long time. Not only does it taste delicious, but it’s a remarkable spice. Turmeric is beneficial in promoting overall joint and heart health, while supporting weight loss and helping the body produce more radiant and healthy-looking skin*. The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin, a potent anti-inflammatory that helps maintain healthy inflammation responses*.
Besides using turmeric regularly in my cooking at home, I also take my Truvani Organic Turmeric Supplement with black pepper every day. That’s the easiest way to know I’m getting my turmeric in every day. I can travel with it, keep it in my purse, and never forget to take it. Turmeric helps me feel healthy and vibrant – and I plan to continue taking it for the rest of my life. (P.S. If you haven’t picked up your bottle of Truvani Turmeric yet, I’ve got great news for you at the bottom of this post!)
- ½ papaya, cut in half lengthwise, peeled and julienned
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 sprouted grain tortilla, toasted and cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½” fresh turmeric root, grated (or ½ teaspoon ground turmeric)
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup filtered water
- To make the dressing, place all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- To assemble the salad, place the arugula and papaya on the center of your plate. Add the avocado slices.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over the papaya.
- Top with the cilantro and crispy tortilla strips. Enjoy!
Truvani Turmeric Special Offer
When you pick up your first bottle of Truvani Organic Turmeric Supplement, we’ll send you two complimentary eBooks:
- Truvani Life: I’ll walk you through my top healthy-living tips. I answer some of your most-asked questions about what to eat (and what to avoid) to stay fit and healthy.
- The Ultimate Guide To Turmeric: A beautiful 35-page guide to help you better understand the remarkable power of Turmeric, the ancient Ayurvedic remedy. I’ll show you how to incorporate it into your daily life with delicious recipes, specific product recommendations, and more.
Get your Truvani Turmeric + Free eBooks here
Remember this… I founded Truvani on the principles that I live by. We source only the best, organic, non-GMO ingredients. Always.
When you buy a product from Truvani, you’re helping support the much bigger vision of changing the food system. I can’t thank you enough for your support of this mission!
* These statements have not been evaluated by FDA. This product is not intended to “diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.” As with any dietary supplement, you should discuss with your healthcare professional prior to use.
3 responses to “Papaya Salad with Miso Turmeric Dressing”
I really wanted to try your Truman’s Papaya Salad with Miso and dressing.. I wanted to know if you are cutting the papaya when its green or very ripe? Also what do you tool do you use to Julienned the papaya? Also are you saying to eat the seeds whole of the papaya? I do sometime use the seeds by grinding them up…
Papaya in the US is all 100% GMO`S.. on the stickker if it does not have 9 in front of the other numbers like 3 5 4 8 2 all, gmo`s go figure.. I`m happy healthy vegan .. all candy in grocery in genetic modified you all, need to read the lable befor you pay.. videos on YouTube of genetic modified, fake food your eating . every day do research on what you are eating it. Will shock you. Food inc. on youtube Will wake you up people.. organic is the best bet, non gmo food. Big farma, big food wants u sick. educate yourself. viedos on youtube.. thanks
God bless u all. Calvin melton
Love the addition of miso to this dressing! I love miso. Sounds delicious. Thank you for sharing!