As you all know, I try not to snack throughout the day, but sometimes you just gotta eat!
This recipe for coconut avocado fries is so easy to make (5 minute prep time) and so decadent – makes the perfect snack or appetizer for a party. It only takes a few healthy ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry too – avocado, coconut flakes, and sprouted grain bread.
I like to keep a loaf of Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain Bread in my freezer at all times. You can just grab a couple slices and pulse them quickly in a high-powered blender or food processor to make bread crumbs (after they defrost on the counter for a few minutes). If you are gluten-free try a different bread or Mary’s Gone Crackers.
My mouth is watering again just thinking about them!
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- ½ cup Ezekiel breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- sea salt and pepper
- dipping sauce of choice (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the avocado into thick slices. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add the breadcrumbs, coconut flakes and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Place the avocado slices into the breadcrumb mix and roll to full coat.
- Place the avocado slices on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve with a dipping sauce of choice or eat them as they are. Enjoy!
I know you will love this recipe!!! I mean, what could be better than turning a healthy avocado into fries?!
Please share this with your friends and family, let’s get everyone snacking right.
P.S. This is a sneak peak from the Food Babe Eating Guide Membership. To sign up, join us here.