Last night was so much fun catching up with my best friend, Nicole. We’ve known each other and been best friends for over 25 years. Last night reminded me of really good times when we were growing up together – we spent countless weekends in our teenage years sleeping over and watching cheezy shows like Baywatch while eating Papa Johns Pizza.
OH HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED 🙂
We didn’t watch any TV and definitely didn’t have any Papa Johns. LOL.
Nicole came over right after work and we started the night off with lots of green juice shots before I got busy in the kitchen.
We caught up on everything while cooking. This gooey sweet potato goat cheese quesadilla turned out fantastic! Nicole loved it so much she exclaimed “Tom (her husband) would love this!” – That made me smile ear to ear.
- 8 small Ezekiel sprouted wheat tortillas
- 1 large baked sweet potato
- 4 ounces goat cheese grated or crumbled
- 2 cups of fresh arugula
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet on medium heat and cooked red onion until tender and brown
- Mash the baked sweet potato with spices and fresh cracked pepper
- Lightly spray a large rack with oil and place down 4 tortillas on rack
- Spread ¼ cup of sweet potato mixture on each tortilla/li>
- Continue adding red onions, arugula and 1 ounce of goat cheese on each tortilla
- Top each filled tortilla with another tortilla and spray lightly with oil
- Cook for 10-12 mins – watch carefully to make sure it doesn’t burn
- Remove from oven once top is slightly browned and cool for a couple of mins
- Use a pizza cutter to cut quesadilla into slices
Nicole & Food Babe