If you need a healthy appetizer to serve instead of the usual chips and salsa, chicken wings or fried mozzarella sticks, I’ve got a recipe for you that will knock your socks off! These babies are so good I’ve already eaten them a couple of times for lunch this week. These sweet potato skins are packed with nutrients, are crispy and look beautiful served on a platter for a big party or game night. This appetizer has this sweet and salty thing going on that makes them just irresistible, they really hit the spot! Enjoy!!!
- 8 small sweet potatoes
- coconut oil
- 3 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ jalapeño, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Rub each sweet potato with coconut oil and place in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until fork tender.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, in a bowl, make the guacamole. Start by mashing the avocado and then add the tomato, onion, jalapeño, lime juice, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- When the sweet potatoes are done, take them out of the oven. Cut each one in half and scoop out half of the filling. Set the filling aside.
- Sprinkle some of the black beans and cheese on each sweet potato half and place back in the oven to melt the cheese, 3-4 minutes.
- When melted, take out of the oven and top with a scoop of guacamole. Enjoy!
If you know someone who would love a recipe like this – please share! Who knows maybe they will make you some!