It’s been a little over a year since my book The Food Babe Way came out. At that time, my hope was that this book was going to change lives, change the world, and change the food industry, but I wasn’t sure exactly how or how fast it would happen.
The Food Babe Way was a #1 bestseller & New York Times Best Seller – selling more books than any other book the week that it was released! I have continued to be astonished by all your support, generous love and am humbled and forever grateful for every single person that has read this book and have helped to spread the word and get this message out. And… if you haven’t read my book yet, I have some very exciting news!
My publisher just published The Food Babe Way in paperback, so it is now available on Amazon for only $10.11! Pick up a copy here.
Here are some of the reasons why this book has been so popular and what it can do for you:
1. You’ll become an ingredient-label-reading superstar and know exactly which “Sickening 15” ingredients to avoid – and why.
2. You’ll get into the same 21 life-changing habits that I personally use to achieve great health and maintain an ideal weight.
3. You’ll learn which mainstream restaurants are serving up controversial additives and GMOs in their most popular dishes – think places like The Cheesecake Factory and The Olive Garden – with complete ingredient lists!
4. You’ll stop counting calories, carbs, protein and fat grams, and learn why most “diets” are flawed and don’t work for long-term weight loss.
5. You’ll see what I really think of how the FDA is managing its oversight of our food supply, and who they are really looking out for. *Hint – it’s not you.
6. Learn how to repair the relationship between you and your form fitting clothes. The Food Babe Way will teach you how to salvage the relationship so you don’t lose your clothes to someone else. You and your clothes were a great fit once, and can be again!
7. You’ll find out what happened behind closed doors in some of my most controversial investigations and petitions. I’ll also tell you how to effectively start your own petition – for all you Food Babe Army activists out there!
8. You’ll be able to “label” any product as GMO yourself, as long as you can read the ingredient list. You’ll also know which companies to boycott that are spending millions to keep you in the dark.
9. You’ll see right through deceptive marketing claims on a label and be able to decipher which ones are all hype (and which ones are actually meaningful).
10. You’ll receive my expert tips on how to travel organically without missing a beat, so you can always stay on track – no matter where life takes you.
11. You’ll get a 21-day flexible Eating Plan with over 50 of my favorite organic recipes that I personally love, along with a pantry staples list and snack list. You’ll also receive my money-saving tips for how to stretch your food dollar further.
12. You’ll learn the tricks that the industry uses to make you addicted and eat more than you should, you’ll get the tools you need to break free and live the healthiest life possible.
Since the book has come out, so many readers have shared how their life has been changed since reading The Food Babe Way…
“Excellent from cover to cover. Thought I was eating correctly but I couldn’t have been more wrong. This book shows the food consumer how to make intelligent, informed, and healthy decisions regarding the way we eat. This book, if you give it an honest shake, truly will change your life by changing your diet to real, wholesome, and completely satisfying real food. Kudos to the author for a job well done”. – Adam, Amazon verified purchase
“FINALLY!!! A book that will change the food industry – and it’s about time! Vani’s thorough research and hard work are making food companies change their ways by removing harmful ingredients. The FDA needs to pay closer attention…they need to crack down on the dangerous ingredients that are allowed in our nation’s food supply, but strangely are not allowed in other countries”. – Diane, Amazon verified purchase
“Since reading this book I feel better, am finally losing weight and sleep better. I have lost almost all my cravings unless I eat something that I should not! I am grateful for this insightful and thoughtful book!!!!” – Amazon verified purchase
“Awesome book. Been following her advice slowing changing my habits. And I feel great. Very resourceful. I suffer from severe fibromyalgia and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis autoimmune disease. And its been seriously helping me”. – Amazon verified purchase
“This book should be required reading for anyone who does the food shopping for families!!!! We’ve all heard we should read product labels but Vani explains WHAT you should be looking for. It’s not the fat gram or calories that should worry you. It’s the ingredients (many of them banned in other countries) that are ultimately hurting us. Thank you Vani for your book!” – Amazon verified purchase
Not only am I continually encouraged and amazed by your emails and reviews of my book, but the changes that have happened in the food industry since that time continue to blow my mind…
- Kraft finally dumped all artificial food dyes from every kind of their mac & cheese and it apparently tastes exactly the same (just like I’ve been saying all along). Along with Kraft – General Mills, Kellogg’s, Hershey’s, Nestle and Mars are also dumping the dyes!
- Subway is working towards ditching antibiotics from all of their meat following numerous petitions and public pressure.
- Chipotle became the first major chain restaurant to remove GMOs from their food (excluding drinks and meat). McCormick Spices also moved to go non-GMO.
- Papa John’s Pizza – (June 23, 2015) Announced they’re removing 14 ingredients by the end of 2016, including artificial colors, caramel color, the preservative sodium benzoate, and hidden MSG ingredients like autolyzed yeast extract and hydrolyzed proteins.
- Starbucks reformulated their famous Pumpkin Spice Latte without any caramel coloring – and with real pumpkin – and they are removing caramel coloring from all drinks. They’ve also listed all ingredients online!
- Most recently, Campbell’s is going to start labeling the GMOs in their products. And major brands are offering more non-GMO and organic products than ever before.
And those are just a handful of the big wins we have had together as a movement!
When I look back at all that has happened in the last year, I am astounded. Especially when you look at where I started.
For most of my life I lived in what felt like a foreign body – the food and chemicals I was eating were not serving my health, my weight, or my beauty. I suffered a myriad of health issues that kept me on several prescription drugs just to cope – now I’m on zero.
I truly look older in these pictures, while I was over a decade younger! My hope is that these pictures inspire you to make the health change you’ve been wanting to make for yourself.
Pick up your paperback copy for only $10.11 on Amazon, it’s also available everywhere books are sold!
If you’ve already read The Food Babe Way, please share this post with your friends and family who refuse to recognize what’s happening or need to know why we need a safer food system – we truly can change the world together.
P.S. If you will be in southern California this week, I’ll be doing two book signings at the Natural Food Expo in Anaheim! The first 100 people at each signing will receive a free copy of The Food Babe Way!
- Friday, March 11, 2016 at 1:00 PM, Back To The Roots (booth #3013)
- Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 1:00 PM, Nutiva (booth #2420)
I hope to see you! If you can’t be there, stay tuned for more book signing events in the future.