If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I travel a lot and spend a lot of time in airports. Although I love traveling for both work and pleasure, I hate most of the food found at airports! There is so much processed food, GMOs and the meals are loaded with a ton of sugar and sodium! That’s why I love to bring my own food with me when I am traveling as much as possible. It’s crucial to stay hydrated and keep your circulation going strong so you don’t retain a lot of water and experience that dreaded bloated feeling after a long flight.
In this short video I show you my go-to wrap that’s really easy to make, super tasty, perfect for traveling and will help with that dreaded post-travel bloat. When I open this wrap up to eat on the plane, people always ask me where I got this amazingly delicious and nutritious food! Make this wrap before your next flight – It’s sooo much better than the options at most airports. Don’t get caught with your Food Babe pants down and always have food with you!
Watch me make one of my favorite travel food recipes:
- 1 organic sprouted whole grain wrap (or brown rice wrap)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves
- ¼ red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 organic sandwich pickle slices
- 1 shredded carrot
- Spread dijon mustard on your wrap.
- Top it with avocado slices, lettuce leaves, peppers, pickles and shredded carrot.
- Wrap it up and seal in a piece of parchment paper.
***Please choose all organic ingredients if possible***
More tips for bringing food on a plane:
- Don’t wrap your food in aluminum foil, as the TSA will probably stop you and it could delay your travels!
- Make my In Flight Ginger Tea which is great for circulation – recipe here.
- Pack a large empty water bottle and fill it up after going through security and before you get on the plane. It’s important to drink a lot of water!
- Bring along some fresh fruits and veggies, such as apples, bananas and avocados. Just wash them at home or in your hotel room before you put them in your bag.
- Check out this extensive list of healthy travel snacks to bring on board.
- I have a lot more tips for you in this post along with a list of recipes that pack well for traveling.
Do you know someone who needs healthy travel tips? Please share this post and spread the word.