I know many of you are watching sports these days where traditional Doritos, Lays and Ruffles are being served but you don’t have to eat those dirty processed chemical filled GMO snacks! There are so many new alternatives brands and organic versions available that you can bring. Although I don’t recommend packaged snacks often – and preach the gospel on whole real foods – if you are going to gather around and watch the big game you’ve gotta have some snacks, right?
Give these organic and non-GMO snacks a try instead…
- Instead of Tostitos – Try Jackson’s Honest Tortilla Chips made with coconut oil!
- Instead of Cheese-Its – Try Annie’s Organic Cheddar Squares or Simple Mills Cheddar Crackers
- Instead of Rold Gold Pretzels – Try Unique Sprouted Wheat Pretzels
- Instead of Lays Potato Chips – Try Brad’s Raw Chips or Jackson’s Honest Chips made with coconut oil!
- Instead of Ritz Crackers – Try Field Day Organics Golden Round Crackers
- Instead of Club Crackers – Try Dr. Kracker Seedlanders or Simple Mills Crackers
Some other favorites:
- Kettle Organic Sea Salt Chips
- Late July Organic Mild Green Mojo Multigrain Chips
- Trader Joe’s Organic Corn Dippers
- Eden Organic Popcorn
- Mary’s Gone Crackers Original
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Multigrain Chips
- Late July Organic Cheese Crackers
- Ak-mak Whole Wheat Crackers
One thing I love about these alternative snack brands, is that they do not contain MSG, an ingredient that keeps you going back for more and more and more. Which is why some of the GMO snack brands like Doritos are so addictive and have become “popular” as a result.
I also put together this collection of my favorite party recipes that will satisfy a crowd for the big day! Hope you enjoy these recipes…
Do you know someone who needs a party makeover? Please share this post with them!
Take back your food and get your friends and family involved! Have a fun weekend!